Prep Time: 15 min. || Cook Time: 30 min. || Difficulty: Easy
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 2 Teaspoon Tabañero Original Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Crumbled Cheese of (Your Preference)
- Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a clean baking dish.
- Wash mushrooms very quickly to remove sand and debris (too much water will make them soggy).
- Remove mushroom stalks, chop coarsely and set aside. Place mushroom caps on paper towel to dry.
- Heat olive oil in pan and sauté onions, garlic, and chopped mushroom stalks until softened and lightly browned.
- Stir in rolled oats and continue cooking for approximately two minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and Tabañero Original Hot Sauce and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place mushrooms in greased baking dish, caps down and fill with stuffing.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and topping is golden brown.