Prep Time: 30 min. || Total Time: 30 min. || Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Cups Watermelon Juice
- 1 Serrano Pepper Sliced in Half, Seeds Removed
- 1-2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt + Additional Salt for Glass Rim
- 1 Tsp. Tabañero Sweet & Spicy Agave Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- 1 Cup Tequila (Your Choice)
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cointreau
- Ice Cubes
- In a saucepan, add watermelon juice, serrano pepper, Tabañero Sweet & Spicy Agave Hot Sauce, salt, and 1 cup of sugar. Steep over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Taste and add more sugar to your preference.
- Remove the serrano pepper, then move the juice mixture to a pitcher and allow it to cool in the fridge until ready to use.
- On a small plate, spread out some salt. Using the lime wedges, moisten the rims of 6 ounce glasses, then dip the glasses into the salt. Then place the glasses into the freezer to chill.
- In the pitcher containing the watermelon juice mixture, add the tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau. Stir well.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and serve the margarita mixture over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices and enjoy.