1 TB vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 16-ounce jar Thick & Chunky Salsa
1 Bottle Tabanero Hot Sauce Picante Sauce
1 package Taco Shells, broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups Mild Cheddar or Taco Blend Shredded Cheese
You should heat the oven to 350 Degrees
- HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in salsa and enchilada sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- LAYER half of taco shell pieces in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of salsa/hot sauce mixture and half of cheese; repeat layers.
- BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream, jalapeños and avocado.
There are additional add-on to this we didn’t try, you can throw in some rice or beans to the mixture. We aren’t giant bean fans in the Lindenhurst house, but rice would have been a great addition.