Put a spicy twist on this classic potato dish with Tabañero! Tabañero Twice Baked Potatoes are spicy, cheesy, and they have bacon!
- 6 Small Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Milk or Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Sliced Chives (or Green Onions)
- 8 Pieces of Bacon (Cooked Crisp and Chopped) or 4 Tablespoons of Bacon Bits
- 1-1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Split in Half for Different Steps)
- Salt to Taste
- Tabañero Dry Rub Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash potatoes and poke with a fork. Bake potatoes in the oven for 1 hour or microwave until soft. Allow them to cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp of the potato leaving a 1/8" shell of skin.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes and add sour cream, butter, garlic powder, Tabañero hot sauce, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add milk as needed to create a creamy texture. Stir in chives, bacon, and 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Fill each potato skin with the mashed potato filling and top it with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle potatoes with a dash of Tabañero Dry Rub Seasoning for an extra kick, then serve and enjoy!