For an extra kick, this spicy chicken sandwich recipe uses Tabañero Hot Sauce and Tabañero Blackening Seasoning.
- (4) 4oz. Chicken Breasts
- 8 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 Slices of Cheese (Your Choice)
- ¼ Cup Tabañero Blackening Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Mustard
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- ¼ Cup Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1 Onion (Sliced)
- Olive Oil
This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
- Pound the chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness.
- Combine Tabañero Blackening Seasoning and chicken breasts in a freezer bag and toss well to combine. Marinade for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Combine Tabañero Hot Sauce, honey, mustard, and mayonnaise to create a spicy honey mustard. Allow it to sit in a fridge covered until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-6 minutes per side until no pink remains and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken is grilling, brush the bread with olive oil and place face down on the grill. Cook until lightly toasted. Place the slices of cheese on 4 of the bread slices and allow it to melt.
- Spread each slice of bread with the spicy honey mustard mixture, then add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to the bottom slice of bread. Top with the chicken and remaining slice of bread, then serve and enjoy!