Learn how to make spicy, meaty Breakfast Burgers with Tabañero! This hearty burger features bacon, egg, cheese, and mouthwatering burger sauce made with Tabañero Hot Sauce. Serve it up for breakfast, lunch, or dinner - the choice is yours!
- 1-1/2 lb. Ground Beef, Preferable 80/20 Fat
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 4 Slices of Cheddar or American Cheese
- 4 Soft Hamburger Buns, Split
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 4 Large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Ketchup
- ¼ Cup Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 4 Slices of Pickle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Tabañero Hot Sauce, mayonnaise, and ketchup in a bowl until fully incorporated to make Tabañero burger sauce. Cover and set in the fridge for later.
- Shape the beef into 4 patties. Sprinkle the outside of the patties with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lay the bacon in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until brown and crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings (removing any additional grease) and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the burgers to the skillet and cook until well browned on the outside and medium-rare on the inside, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked burgers to a rimmed baking sheet and top each with a slice of cheese. Bake the burgers until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Brush the insides of the buns with the melted butter and place them on a second baking sheet buttered side-up. Bake until the buns are lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Wipe out the skillet you just used. Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings over medium-high heat. Break the eggs into the skillet and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a burger patty on each of the bottom buns and top each patty with 2 slices of bacon and a fried egg. Spread the top bun with some of the Tabañero burger sauce and place it on top of the burger. Serve and enjoy!