We know, we know. Convincing everyone to eat their veggies is no easy feat, but when they’re coated in all things Tabañero, it gets a little easier. These crispy fried cauliflower steaks really bring the heat and are so addictive even your most hesitant eaters won’t be able to stop at just one. For the veggie skeptic, Tabañero’s take on fried cauliflower will have your traditional meat-lovers rethinking their stance on vegetarian-centered dishes. Trust us on this one!
Crispy Fried Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oat flour (1 cup of oats blended into flour)
- 1 tbsp Tabañero Blackening Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Tabañero Original Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into “steaks” and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the bottom of a shallow saute pan with water and place cauliflower steaks in the pan. Cover with a lid and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from pan and pat dry. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat three eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour and Blackening Seasoning.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large saute pan and heat over medium heat.
- With one hand, place the cauliflower steak into the egg mixture and coat evenly. Using your “wet” hand, place the cauliflower into the oat mixture. Using your “dry” hand, coat the cauliflower in the oat mixture, making sure to get every nook and cranny. Once thoroughly coated, place cauliflower into the awaiting oil. Repeat until all steaks are coated.
- Fry the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, combine honey and hot sauce together in a small ramekin. Set aside for dipping.
Total Fat: 18.9g - 24%
Saturated Fat: 4.2g - 21%
Cholesterol: 140mg - 47%
Sodium: 251mg - 11%
Total Carbohydrate: 34.9g - 13%
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g - 10%
Total Sugars: 18.3g
Tabañero hot sauces and spice blends bring the perfect balance of heat and flavor to every meal. We use a combination of carrots, onions, garlic, key lime juice, red habanero peppers, scorpion peppers, and agave nectar in our unique hot sauces to offer a flavor that takes every dish up a notch. Plus, Tabañero seasonings give your meats and veggies a little something-something that you just can’t get enough of. Shop our selection of hot sauces, or check out our spice blends and bloody mary mix today!