Bring the flavors of the coast to your table with this blackened, easy to make crab cake recipe.
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Tabañero Blackening Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice, Plus More for Serving
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pound Fresh Lump Crab Meat
- 2/3 Cup Saltine Cracker Crumbs (About 14 Crackers)
- Whisk the egg, mayonnaise, parsley, Tabañero Hot Sauce, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabañero Blackening Seasoning, lemon juice, and salt together in a large bowl. Place the crab meat on top of the mixture, followed by the cracker crumbs. With a rubber spatula or large spoon, very gently and carefully fold everything together. Avoid breaking up that crab meat!
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 1 day).
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C). Generously grease a rimmed baking sheet with butter or nonstick spray, or line with a silicone baking mat.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, portion the crab cake mixture into 6 mounds on the baking sheet (don’t flatten). Use your hands or a spoon to compact each individual mound so there aren’t any lumps sticking out or falling apart. For extra flavor, brush each mound with melted butter (this is optional but recommended)!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges and on the top. Drizzle each with fresh lemon juice and serve warm.