1 cup Minced Red Onion
1 Tbsp Fresh Minced Garlic
¼ cup Cumin
¼ cup Chili powder
¼ cup Fine Chopped Cilantro
1 cup Tomato Paste
3 cups Diced Tomatoes-“do not drain”
¼ cup Margaritaville Seasoning Salt
1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
1/8 cup Tabanero Hot Sauce
Tabañero Taco Burger Recipe
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Margaritaville Seasoning Salt
- Burger: Ground Beef, Turkey or Veggie
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cheddar Cheese slices
- Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Using a stick blender or traditional blender bring all ingredients to a smooth sauce.
- Cut tortillas strips lengthwise ¼” strips.
- Drop in fryer oil at 350 degrees and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pull from oil and lightly season immediately. ( you could always use store bought tortilla chips to minimize this step.)
- Using ground beef or turkey, form 7oz patties and add to grill or cooktop and lightly season with salt. Cook until desired temperature is reached which is usual an internal temp of 160-165 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add Cheese to the top of Burger Patty.
- Place tortilla strips and Tabanero taco sauce on bottom bun and Top with burger patty.
- Add Sour Cream to Top bun and add Iceberg Lettuce and Pico De Gallo. Add top bun to bottom bun with Burger and enjoy!