This recipe uses Tabañero Spice Blends Blackening "Geaux" Seasoning to give the chicken a zesty and light spicy flavor that's mouthwatering from first bite to last.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Unsalted Butter
- *Pasta of Choice (*Not required - This chicken is also great in a salad or a wrap)
- *Alfredo or Garlic Cream Sauce of Choice (*Not required, but it will go great with pasta) Note: Store-bought or homemade sauce is fine.
- Fresh Diced Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Shaved Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Cooking Oil with a Low Smoke Point
- Tabañero Spice Blends Blackening Seasoning
- Set some butter aside until soft and spreadable.
- Trim the chicken breasts if needed with a sharp knife on a stable cutting board. Pro-Tip: Place a damp paper towel underneath your cutting board to avoid shifting when in use. Optional: Pound the chicken breast for an even thickness.
- Pat the chicken breast with a paper towel to dry it.
- Rub the chicken breast with soft butter.
- Coat each side of the chicken breast in Tabañero Spice Blends Blackening Seasoning.
- Apply a small amount of oil (any cooking oil with a low smoke point) to a pan or skillet of your choice. You can either pre-heat the pan to high/medium-high heat or you can turn on the heat once the chicken is in the pan. This chicken can also be cooked on a grill; however, we recommend using a good quality non-stick frying pan, or a properly seasoned cast-iron skillet.
- Place the chicken presentation-side (top) down and cook on high/medium-high heat for around 5 minutes per side. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken breast. Use an accurate meat thermometer to ensure the center of the thickest chicken breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Set the cooked chicken aside on a clean cutting board and let it rest for up to five minutes.
- With a sharp chef’s knife, slice the chicken breast into strips from front to back, making sure to cut against the grain.
- Place the sliced chicken breast over your pasta dish of choice and garnish it with freshly chopped parsley and cheese of your choice (or really anything else you’d like – get funky with it and have fun)!
Recipe provided by Chef Eliot T.