Made with Tabañero hot sauce, this southwest chicken salad is hot, healthy, and ready to be enjoyed!
For the Dressing:
- 1-1/2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt, Preferably Full-Fat
- 1 Cup Lightly Packed Fresh Herbs (Cilantro, Parsley, Dill, Basil and/or Mint, & Chives or Green Onion)
- 1 Cup Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 1 Medium-Sized Garlic Clove, Roughly Chopped
- ½ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
For the Chicken:
- 2 Medium-Sized Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbsp. Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lime, Reserve the Other Half for Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
For the Salad:
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Ripe Avocado, Sliced
- 1 Medium-Sized Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Corn, Rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, for Topping
- Fried Tortilla Strips
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth and green with tiny flecks of herbs.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate for later. This dressing will keep well in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
Chicken and Salad Instructions
- In a medium Ziplock bag, place the chicken breasts, Tabañero Hot Sauce, cumin, salt, lime juice, and olive oil. Shake until fully combined and the chicken is coated. Allow it to marinate for 10 minutes, or up to 24 hours in advance.
- To Cook Chicken: heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat (be sure the skillet is hot before adding the chicken). Add 1 teaspoon of oil of your choice to the skillet. Place the chicken on the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Allow the chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- To Assemble the Salad: Place the chopped romaine lettuce on the bottom of a salad plate, then top it with avocado, chopped tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, and sliced chicken. Add the cold Tabañero Green Goddess dressing right before serving. Enjoy!