1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
7 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 large fresh basil sprigs
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
12 extra-large Peeled and deveined shrimp
1 box of spaghetti pasta
1 bottle of Tabañero Extra Hot sauce
- Dry your shrimp on paper towels and heat a pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic and brown it lightly in the pan, then remove it from the pan.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them on both sides. Remove shrimp from the pan once they're seared.
- Add a little more olive oil to your pan, then add the crushed tomatoes. Put your stove on low to medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and 4 oz of Tabañero's Extra Hot sauce.
- Cover the pan, stirring occasionally while you cook the pasta in another pot.
- Bring water to a boil in your second pot. Salt the water and cook spaghetti until al dente, about 8-9 minutes.
- Preserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and add it to the simmering sauce.
- Drain the pasta once cooked, then add it to the simmering sauce along with your cooked shrimp. Mix well.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with more sauce from the pan. Sprinkle with basil for even more flavor!