Let’s face it: we love pasta, but it can get pretty bland. What can make ordinary pasta even better? A good bit of spice to channel some Southern heat. Turn an average weeknight dinner into a hot, buttery meal that everyone will love. This smoky, rich pasta recipe is sprinkled with the perfect amount of spice throughout and topped off with creamy ingredients to cool you down. When paired with smoked paprika, Tabañero’s Curry Habanero Hot Sauce brings a unique heat that will elevate any dish. Our recipe is vegetarian-friendly, but you can add shrimp or chicken if you’d like some extra protein with this meal. Gather around the dinner table and enjoy the sophisticated flavors of Southern spice that melt perfectly with curry and habanero flavors!
- 1 box (16 oz) penne pasta
- Note: while this is a vegetarian version, your choice of protein will also taste great!
- ½ cup Tabañero Curry Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2 cups cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Green onions, diced
- Jalapeños, diced (optional)
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add in minced garlic, cooking until fragrant
- Toss in diced tomatoes
- Add in heavy whipping cream
- Slowly add in the cheese, stirring continuously until melted
- Add in the Tabañero Curry Habanero Hot Sauce and smoked paprika
- Stir all ingredients together until evenly blended
- Serve topped with green onions and jalapeños for an extra kick
- Enjoy the spicy, smoky flavor!
- For a little sweet heat, try Tabañero Spicy Agave Hot Sauce.