- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of Tabañero blackening seasoning
- 1 cup of chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Tabañero Spicy Agave Hot Sauce
- Olive oil
- 5 corn or flour tortillas
2. Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and heat on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp from heat and add sliced shallot to the remaining oil. Fry until deep golden brown, remove, and drain on a paper towel.
4. In a separate medium bowl, add tomato, onion, corn, black beans, jalapeñeo, and the juice of one lime. Stir until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. In a small bowl, combine sour cream with 2-3 tbsp of Tabañero Spicy Agave hot sauce. More sauce = more heat!
6. Optionally, grill tortillas on the stovetop over the flame until lightly charred.
7. Assemble the tacos by adding a layer of romaine lettuce, a few spoonfuls of the black bean mixture, 4-5 pieces of shrimp, and a generous drizzle of the spicy agave crema.
8. Serve and enjoy!