- 3 cups dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 2 shallots, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 oz Tabañero Original hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour, as needed
- 2 cups grape seed oil
- 1 pretzel bun, toasted
- 1 package pea shoots or other
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
2. MIX the vinegar, sugar and water in a bowl. Stir in the sliced cucumbers, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. COMBINE the chickpeas, shallots, parsley, garlic, cumin, cardamom and Tabañero Original hot sauce in a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, then form into patties and dust lightly with flour.
4. HEAT the grape seed oil to 350oF in a sauté pan and shallow fry until the patties are golden brown and fully cooked in the middle.
5. DRAIN the patties on a paper towel and season with salt.
6. STIR together the Greek yogurt and chopped dill in a small bowl.
7. SPREAD the dill yogurt on the buns. Place the falafel patty and top with the cucumber relish and pea shoots.