SHRIMP WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE
1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Tabanero sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact. Devein the shrimp if you choose.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Tabanero sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and sugar and set aside.
3. In a wok or large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the sauce mixture and stir so the shrimp is fully coated. Season with black pepper and Tabanero to taste.
4. Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with rice or vegetables.
- Tags: Appetizer, appetizers, Dinner, Fish, food, Gluten Free, Main course, main dish, Main Meal, original flavor, paleo, pescatarian, seafood, Seafood / Pescatarian, shrimp, Side dish, starters, Tablife