Tabañero Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce
This recipe serves 4.
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabanero sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact. Devein the shrimp if you choose.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Tabañero sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and sugar, then set aside.
- In a wok or large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink, about 2 minutes on each side. Add the sauce mixture and stir so that the shrimp is fully coated. Season with black pepper and Tabañero to taste.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with rice or vegetables, and enjoy!