7 cups Vegetable Stock
1 1/2 teaspoon Saffron Threads
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 large Red Onion, Sliced
2 Yellow Bell Pepper, Julienne
2 Red Bell Pepper, Julienne
3 cup Brown Mushrooms, Sliced
6 cloves Garlic, minced
3 cups short grain Spanish rice
6 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
3 cup Green Peas
2 Zuccini or Yellow Squash, Julienne
3 can Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
3 tablespoon sweet paprika
6 teaspoons dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 Cup Tabanero (to Finish)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a hotel pan or roasting pan, add the uncooked Spanish Rice to the pan and toast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
2. Combine the stock and saffron threads in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and maintain a simmer.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large Sauté pan on the stove with Olive Oil. Add Onion and Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add Julienne red and yellow pepper and continue to cook till softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add the mushroom and Sauté for another 5 minutes or until it has softened slightly. Lastly, add tomatoes, smoked paprika and oregano and remove from heat.
4. Mix all the vegetables with the toasted rice until fully incorporated. Add all the saffron infused stock and stir until just combined. Top with 1/2 of your Tabanero and reserve the rest to finish. Bake in the oven until the rice absorbs all the stock and is light and fluffy (20- 30 minutes). Try to stir the mixture every 10-12 minutes.
4. Lastly, pull the paella mix and sprinkle surface with peas, zucchini and artichoke hearts. Put the Paella back in the oven (uncovered) and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove and stir in the remaining Tabanero or to desired heat level, serve and enjoy!
**NOTE: You can add Tofu, Varietal Beans and any other vegetable to add more color and texture.